Thursday, February 19, 2015

C25K Day 2 and Weigh in

I did not lose anything this week!!  I hate weeks like this.  I feel like I did everything right but I'm going to go back and look at what I ate and try to figure out what was wrong.  I know it's better than a gain but just barely better.  I've been telling myself all day that it's just one week and that slow and steady will win this race.  But, gosh darnit already, I want to win today!! ;-)

With regard to C2K...day 2 is done!  It was hard..I dare say just as hard as day 1 but I did it.  DH helped me along by coaching my breathing and reminding me to lift my head.  He had me breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth.  I think it helped but now my nose is runny and hurts!  Also I'm not 100% sold on my shoes.  I retied the laces but it seems like my feet keep scootching forward and then my toes are all cramped up in front.  I'd like to visit the running store to get fitted with good shoes but I'm still afraid I'm going to quit and then I'll have wasted a bunch of money on shoes.  I know this is not a very healthy way to think and believe me I'm trying to change my attitude.

My next running day would be Saturday but we are forecast for a really bad snowstorm so I'm not sure what is going to happen.  If possible, it might be a good idea to lay down $4.25 and go over to the rec center and use their indoor track.  Next week I am on a business trip so my hope is that I can find the time at least twice to go into the workout room at the hotel and use the treadmill to train.  Next week we increase our run time intervals by another 30 seconds and I don't want to take a week off and then try to do that!  I'm expecting we will be working long days so running outside is not the best idea since it will be dark and I'm going to a very large urban city with a noticeable crime rate.

I went back to Curves on Monday and had problems with my key tag so I had to reprogram a new one and half way through my workout it freaked out again.  I really think that once my year is up on this membership I am not going to renew.  It costs just as much as a family membership at the rec center and at least with that membership DH could come with me if he wanted to.  He's not a big fan of the place because it's usually filled with obnoxious teenagers and over crowded.  But...at least if I'm paying this amount of money he could come if he wanted to.  I could also go back to taking my Zumba classes that I actually liked (not loved...because, well, it's still exercise.)  Maybe someday I'll be one of those people who likes exercise!  Gosh...I sure hope I come back and read this in a year and laugh at myself!!

I was looking at quotes today to try to keep my motivation going and help my confidence problem.  I found this really good one that I'll close this post out with.

It’s very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit.  George Sheehan

No comments:

Post a Comment