Sunday, July 19, 2015

C25K Week 2 Day 2

Ok...so why was this day so much harder than the day before?  I actually remembered to turn on the fan so I wasn't as hot and I was wearing my correct running shoes.  I had tried some other shoes the day before and they are definitely NOT the right ones.  I'm starting to wonder if finding the perfect pair of running shoes is even possible.  My next big purchase is going to be good running shoes that are fit by a professional.  I wonder if it was due to the fact that I wasn't wearing my compression capris but just some Wallyworld special workout capris.  I really could feel all those bits and bobs moving while I was running.  That made me extra grateful for the treadmill!  I'd hate to be doing that in public!!

Today I was wanting to quit 10 minutes in and just had to push myself to do the entire 30 minute program.  My chest was hurting, my legs were hurting, and I was sweating up a storm.  Just crazy how one day is so different than another.  Oh well, I'm just proud of myself for finishing.

My next few runs will be at sea level since I will be traveling for work.  The place I'm staying is super nice and even has "chilled towels" in the fitness center.  I'm not exactly sure what that means but it sounds schmancy-dancy!!  One more day of week 2 and then it will be time for the 3 minute runs!  Yikes!!  I know I can do this because I got further than this just a few months ago.

My eating plan this coming week is lots of salads and a fair bit of walking.  My weight has been pretty steady for the last few months and that is not my goal.  I need to kick things in gear if I'm going to meet my goal of reaching my goal weight by my 50th birthday.  I have about 10 months to do it.  That means I need to lose about 5# per month.  I think that's really doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment