Saturday, March 28, 2015

Holy Cow!!!




I DID IT!!!  I completed C25K Week 4 Day 1 the very first time out!  To say I'm shocked is an understatement.  Knowing I would be doing two 3 minute runs and two 5 minute runs in this workout was really daunting.  Then when I got started and realized that my recovery would only be 90 seconds and 2.5 minutes, respectively, I was really worried.  Of course, I looked down and gave my running partner, Peanut, the pep talk he needed!  It wasn't easy but it also wasn't so bad that I thought I was going to collapse either.  I think I might make it through week 4 without a repeater!  Woohoo!!!

Peanut, however, might be reaching the end of his physical abilities and after this week I don't think he will be able to be my running partner anymore.  He struggled with this run and was not keeping up very well.  But...he's cute and adorable so maybe I'll add in some evening pleasure walks for him.


Healthy eating is going well but the scale is not showing it so I'm just hoping that since I've been more consistent with my activity these past few weeks that it's just a little stall while my body puts on some muscle and gets used to what's going on.  Next week is measurements week so we'll see if that shows some changes.  I can't say I feel any difference in my clothes but I don't wear really tight things anyway so small changes won't be really noticeable.

I also think I might take a big huge leap on this blog next week and actually post my measurements - scary!!  I've been reading a bunch of health blogs recently and the ones that really speak to me are the ones that I can relate to personally.  Ones where I can see that the blogger is or was my size and still had a body that was strong and capable.  Those really inspire me and maybe someone will stumble on my blog and need some inspiration too!  I know it sounds so cliche but if I can do this, other women like me can!!  Seriously...before I started losing weight and exercising regularly just going from one floor of my tri-level house to the other would get me winded.

I also need to find some time to update my blog design and put some links to those blogs in a gadget on the sidebar.  Where do all those hours go?!?

Today I am getting a pedicure and going to a dance rehearsal for a flash mob I'm a part of in May (more on that later!) so I better get my fingers off this computer and feed my awesome hubby before he has to go out for the day and then I need to go get cleaned up for my day.

Thanks ever so much for reading this little ole blog and sending up encouraging thoughts for me!  I'm reaching goals and doing things I never thought I'd be able to do and knowing there are people out there cheering me on is so uplifting!!

8 comments:

  1. That is awesome!! Sorry you are going to lose your running partner. My husband's runs have outdistanced our pup. Fortunately, she still has me to take her. I have posted lots of pictures on my blog, but i haven't been able to make myself put weight and measurements out there...that time might be coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've nearly talked myself into posting those measurements...scaaarrryyyy!

      Delete
  2. Awesome Sauce! I'm laughing because I, too, often talk with my dog about how she needs to get it going, AND, when I need an atta girl I am often telling my dog, Martha,
    how well SHE is doing. Really I'm just talking to myself, but whatever works, amiright?!? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not above being passive aggressive with myself through my dog!! Love your dog's name - I love it when dogs have people names! Peanut's real name is Senghe (he's tibetan and it means little lion) but he ate a huge container of peanuts when he was about a year old and it's stuck ever since!

      Delete
  3. What a cute puppy!!

    Hey, I'm doing a "Food and Fitness Friday" linkup party starting this Friday on my site...I hope you will come join and submit one of your awesome posts!

    Jebbica @ Jebbica's World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I think he's pretty cute too! He's not real happy with me right now because he's overdue for a haircut so I had to pull his mop up with a rubber band. Sorry I missed your linkup party! Let me know when you do another one and I will definitely join in!!

      Delete
  4. We are right about the same point in the C25K program. I just finished week 4 day 2 yesterday and was (and continue to be) clown away by the fact that I CAN run for five consecutive minutes. I looked ahead to next week and see that by the end of it we are supposed to be able to run for 20 consecutive minutes. Honestly, that scares the pants off me. But maybe I am not completely aware of what I am actually capable of... I am just focusing on how amazing it will feel to accomplish that run.

    Glad to have found you.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! You are probably ahead of me now since I was gone on vacation. I agree that week 5 is scary but that we are definitely more capable than we give ourselves credit for!!

      Delete