Wednesday, January 14, 2015

First Two Weeks Back


So I'm ending my first two weeks back on South Beach and I'm still alive!  Woohoo!!  I also had my annual doctor's exam and a complete blood work done up.  It will be great to see the internal changes as well as the external.  In a nutshell here are my beginning blood numbers:

Cholesterol - 203 (3 ticks above the high end)
Triglycerides - 99 (ok...those aren't so bad)
Calcium - 8.5 (that is just barely in the normal range - let's get that up girl)
Glucose Level - 87 (its within normal but I'd like to get it down a little lower)

I'm not brave enough to post my weight and measurements quite yet but maybe later.  However, I have set my first goal to lose 10 pounds the month of January and be 12.5 pounds lighter by Valentine's Day.  In the first week I lost 2 pounds so I'm going in the right direction.  I do have to admit that I was hoping for more.  I remember in the past that when I went from the eating free for all I was on to SB phase 1 I did great the first week.  In the neighborhood of 4-6 pounds lost.  My weigh in days are Thursday so we shall see what tomorrow brings.  I do have to admit that I cheated and weighed myself today and it doesn't look like I will be down much more than 1 additional pound.  I just have to remind myself that slow and steady wins the race.

The last two weeks I've done a great job of staying on program and planning out meals.  My husband is eating the SB way with me which is making this much easier.  I am sort of surprised that I haven't been tempted to cheat.  Normally by this time I've dipped my toe in the pool of naughtiness but this time around I haven't cheated at all.  

I'm thinking I should probably move to phase 2 per the guidelines in the book but I'm scared that if I do, I won't reach my 10# goal.  Well...I guess I'll sleep on it and see what tomorrow brings.  Now...it's time to go make some dinner.  Pesto Chicken Bake and Indian Lentils are on the menu tonight.  Then I have dance class.  I've really got to get back to Curves!!!  Someone needs to drag me out of my warm house!

No comments:

Post a Comment