Saturday, January 26, 2019

Keto Catch Up

Wow...I can't believe it's been so long since I've written here!  The hubby and I have been doing Keto for several months since last summer and we are really finding it fits our lifestyle perfectly.  We stopped paying attention over the holidays and then took a cruise so we backtracked a little bit from where we were prior to Thanksgiving.  So we decided to start back up just before the beginning of the year.  Since then I have lost 5.2# and the hubby has lost 10#!!  And that is without tracking any macros and really not exercising very much.

Tonight I made chili and faux cornbread for dinner - it was all great!!  Here’s the chili - I also made her chili seasoning that’s linked in the recipe and it really wasn’t spicy at all even with the jalapeños:  https://ketocookingchristian.com/instant-pot-no-bean-chili-keto-and-low-carb/  

Here’s the cornbread recipe I used:  https://thatlowcarblife.com/low-carb-cornbread/  We were shocked at how good the cornbread was and thought the base might make a good starter for making other types of breads and coffee cakes.  I used Monk Fruit as my sweetener.  

I'm going to try to keep this blog a little more updated if for no other reason than have a place to direct friends and family when they ask for recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment