Sunday, May 6, 2018

Teriyaki Turkey Meatball Bowls Meal Prep


Today I spent some time meal prepping.  I made Teriyaki Turkey Meatball Bowls.  I had one for lunch and it was pretty good!

Ingredients per serving:

  • Kroger Reduced Fat Frozen Turkey Meatballs - 85g (6 meatballs per serving)
  • Green Giant Frozen Cauliflower Rice - 85g (the package says you get four one cup servings but I really only ended up with four 1/2 cup servings out of the package so I used my old food scale to weight the grams just to be sure - I bought this thing over 20 years ago at Weight Watchers and it still works like a champ!)
  • Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos Teriyaki Sauce - 1 tablespoon per serving (I actually found this at my local Kroger and I do NOT live in a large area so I was quite surprised to see it!)
  • Member's Mark Steamable Broccoli Florets - 85g
  • Kroger Canned Pineapple Chunks - 141g (drained)

I precooked everything in the microwave except the pineapple.  I like the Green Giant cauliflower rice that comes in a steamable bag so I cooked that on high for 6 minutes.  The broccoli I bought comes in a steamable bag as well so I cooked that on high for 8 minutes.  For the meatballs I put 24 meatballs in a glass bowl and poured 1/4 cup of the teriyaki sauce over it.  I cooked it on high for 3 minutes.  After it came out I tossed in the canned pineapple and stirred it around to coat the pineapple.

I'm using some two compartment reusable meal prep containers that I found on Amazon - they seem to be ok but I think I might invest in some better containers at some point.  I'm not sure I trust these not to leak in my lunchbag.  In the large section I put 85g of the cauliflower rice and then topped it with 6 meatballs and 141g (approx 5 ounces) of the pineapple - I divvied up the remaining sauce among the four containers.  In the smaller section I put 85g of the broccoli.  Feel free to add salt, pepper, or other seasonings that you like.  I found that the teriyaki sauce tasted really good so I only put a little bit of salt and pepper on the broccoli.  I'm guessing that it will be best to heat this up for about 3-5 minutes on 50% power.  If it turns out different, I will come back and edit this post.  The one I had for lunch today I popped in for a minute on high since most everything was still fairly warm from the initial cooking.

This was really easy and I was done before I knew it!  The most time was spent waiting for the microwave to finish cooking.  Four healthy lunches ready to go!!

Nutrition:
Calories: 390
Fat: 9g
Carbs; 62.5g
Protein: 19g


No comments:

Post a Comment