Thursday, September 30, 2021

Updates and New Directions

Wow!  I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted.  First - yoga - I was doing so well until we went to CO in April.  After that I never really got back into it but I have to admit I do miss parts of it and I'm feeling a pull to get back into it.  I found the January Yoga with Adrienne so inspiring and didn't feel that magic with the other plans she puts out.  I think maybe it will be a good idea to just go back and do January again - it's all on her YT channel so there's no reason I couldn't do it again.  I was also doing really well with riding the exercise bike in the morning until work got extremely overwhelming over the last couple months.  I needed that time in the morning to be able to concentrate on getting things done before everyone else got started and blew up my email and the meetings started.  I need to take that time back and hopefully there's a light at the end of that tunnel.  Another supervisor is starting in a couple weeks and I need to put my foot down that I cannot continue to do all this work covering for vacancies.  The other branches have brought in acting supervisors when they've had vacancies - we need to do the same.

But...the real reason I wanted (needed) to come write is because we are getting ready to start on something I've never done before.  We are joining Profile by Sanford.  I've never done a diet plan that included one-on-one coaching and meal plans that were customized to me.  I've done lots of diets but they were all ones that were geared toward the masses and you followed the plan based on your height and weight.  Profile appears to start like that but then you meet with your coach weekly and if you aren't getting the results, they change things up.  There are also a lot of technology based pieces as well.  While I expect we will do the majority of our coaching sessions through zoom, I would like to go into the center to have the full body scan done.  I like the idea of getting my measurements taken by a machine that will take them accurately.  I've always had a difficult time with making sure the measuring tape was in the same place each time I took my own measurements and I'm sure I wasn't always using the same tension so the results weren't very trustworthy.  They also have this DNA test they do that will look at how you process carbohydrates to customize your food levels to how your body naturally works.  There are also two apps and a private FB group.  

We met with one of the coaches last night, Alyx, and she was really nice.  She did some calculations and estimates that I would be able to get to my goal of 165 by July.  I really thought it would take longer.  I was surprised to see that over the last five years my weight has swung 55#!!  I'm ready to stop that swing and get to a healthy weight.  I want to be able to do things without getting worn out and hating every minute of it.  

I do have to admit the cost is weighing a bit heavily but I need to see it as an investment in me.  I retire exactly one year from today.  It would be so awesome to enter into retirement healthier than I've been in decades.  We are also expecting our first grandchild in April and I want to live to see them grow and possibly start a family of their own too.  Isn't the $1,224 for a year of coaching worth all of that?!?  Adding my husband on to the plan is an additional $699 so really if you do the math, it comes out to under $1,000 each.  We used to spend almost that much on Starbucks each year.  We will also need to purchase special shakes, bars, and other food items in the beginning stages but will eventually move to all grocery store food.  That cost is estimated at about $110 each per week.  But...that really isn't too much more than we have been spending so I don't see that cost as really that outrageous.  

I'm pretty excited that my husband is joining with me.  The stress of trying to figure out what he should be eating so he can meet his goals has been way too much for me.  I know it's not my fault but when he would not have a successful week eating exactly what I put in front of him, I would feel absolutely awful.  I don't like feeling that way.  I don't always like being the person who is in charge of our food and not feeling like I was successful at it made it an even worse chore than I already feel like it is.  Sometimes I just wish someone would take care of all this stuff and just call me when it was time to eat.  Eh...let's be truthful, there's no sometimes about it - I always wish this!!  LOL!  

Anyway...my aunt will be here visiting for a couple days next week so we plan to start the program after she leaves.  That will give us time to get our food and other supplies picked up from the center and I hope to be able to go over there to get the body scan done before we start.  I'd really like a strong starting point.  I really want this to work so I want to do it properly right out of the gate.  I am also taking leave the following week so that will give me a chance to get started on everything without the added stress of work.  We did a trial of this program last month so I know a little bit of what it entails so I know that being able to concentrate on the program for that first week will be a huge stress reliever!

So...off we go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment