Saturday, January 2, 2021

YWA - Day 1

I have a love-hate relationship with yoga - I hate the actual doing of it but I love the flexibility and strength I gain.  For several years I've heard about the Yoga with Adriene 30 Day Journey that she does every January on her YouTube channel.  I decided that this year will be the year I will take part.  In the intro yesterday she said the hardest part will be showing up and that is so true!  It's 9pm and I just finished the first day's practice!!  I thought about it this morning and then forgot all about it until an hour ago - sheesh!!  But...A for the day for me because I got up and did it!

In the beginning it actually hurt my hips (especially my left one) to sit cross legged on my mat.  I have to admit that got me worried a little bit that I'd be able to make it through.  As usual I had trouble with my hands and wrists while trying to hold the poses like tabletop and downward dog - that part is nothing new at all and I'm hopeful that as I keep with it over this next 30 days things will get better.  I had to drop down to child's pose several times to rest but I'm pleased with what I was able to do tonight.  When we were sitting crossed legged at the end to take our final breaths I noticed that my hip didn't hurt quite as much - yay progress!!!

One thing I really liked about the practice today is that I was able to just do what I could do and not feel pressured because I felt like someone was watching me.  That was always an issue at the gym even though my logical brain knows that everyone else is busy paying attention to their own stuff and not my stuff.  That old self-conscious monster lurks ever present in my head regardless of my beating it with the logical stick.  LOL!  Overall I'm very happy with my practice today and look forward to what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment